Hi there! Everything here is still very much work in progress, but a lot of people have been asking to get into the site, so... here you go! I hope you find it useful.
Any suggestions or corrections should be sent to @VHSWiki. All feedback is welcome!
See you in game,
Deathwire TeaserAugust 29, 2022
UPDATE: Deathwire is now live! Check out the full details on the Deathwire character page.
A teaser has been dropped for the upcoming teen (Reggie) and monster (Deathwire), as well as a new map themed on a killer gameshow called the Eviscerator — which gives us The Running Man vibes!
The video teases Deathwire's ability to fire a ranged shock attack, as well as shifting between regular walking and vehicular movement modes, the latter increasing his travel speed significantly.
The new content is expected to be released sometime in September.
VHS Patch Patch 1.0.70169July 30, 2022
A quality of life patch is now available for VHS.
Matchmaking incentives are being introduced to VHS to help alleviate long queue times by offering bonus XP and Prize Points. Players queuing as monster will automatically receive a 10% Bonus during this patch.
The matchmaking system has also received tweaks to improve the accuracy of matchmaking, particularly for newer players who haven't yet played many matches and so had previously been matched against more experienced players.
The full list of patch notes can be found here.
Quality of Life
- The Founder's Pack Director's Cut movie scenes "Spectral Splatter DX" and the "The Window DX" now only require a score of 9,000 to complete (down from 12,000).
- A character's equipped perks, weapon mods and mutations will now function in the Training modes. Teens can be changed within Teen Training.
- Added a "Mark All As Seen" button to customization screens. No more click-click-click!
VHS Patch 0.1.68303June 23, 2022
UPDATE: VHS is now in Early Access and freely available for everyone to download and play from Steam and the Epic Games Store.
A balancing and quality of life patch is now available for VHS. This includes a free grant of 6,666 fanbux (paid currency) to all players.
Note that when VHS moves from beta into full early-access launch, any remaining granted fanbux will be removed, alongside any purchases made with the free fanbux. This is purely for beta testing.
The VHS devs have also acknowledged player concerns for accessibility, new player experience (including tutorials and the ping system), and difficulties playing against the Doll Master. These are being worked on and will improve over time.
The full list of patch notes can be found here.
- The Werewolf Berserk mutation Vicious now grants 9.5 seconds of Berserk after knocking down a teen (up from 6 seconds).
- The Werewolf Berserk power now increases the Werewolf's vault speed, in addition to its other effects.
- Reduced the hit box of the Werewolf's tail slightly so that weapons hitting the tail tip will not deal damage.
- Increased the movement speed of the Werewolf while focusing the Howl and Berserk powers by 50%.
- Increased the duration of the Werewolf's Berserk power to 12 seconds (from 11).
- The loudness of the Berserk focusing and activation sounds is reduced slightly while playing as Werewolf.
- The loudness of the monster's breathing is reduced slightly while playing as Werewolf. WART
- The WART Leap mutation Throttle now increases movement speed while Leaping by 24% (down from 30%). Doll Master
- The Doll Master can no longer use the Remove Trap power on a Doll Trap when it is detecting the presence of teens.
- While using the Doll Trap mutation Haunted, the Remove Trap power can only be used while the Doll Master is Banished.
- The distance at which Doll Traps can become Alarmed while using the Doll Trap mutation Offspring is now reduced by 90% (from 80%).
- While a Doll Master is using the Doll Trap mutation Offspring, dormant Doll Traps will appear more slumped over to distinguish them from normal Doll Traps.
- The Doll Master Summon mutation Rebound now sets the cooldown of Doll Jump to 2 seconds when a Doll is possessed (originally the cooldown was refreshed immediately).
- Significantly increased the distance at which teens can hear the warning sound prior to a Doll Trap being possessed or teleported to.
- When a teen pings a Doll Trap, its aura will now be revealed to all active teens for the duration of the ping.
- The hit box of Dolls has been made 15% wider so they are easier to hit with some weapons.
VHS Closed Beta ReturnsMay 27, 2022
After an extended hiatus to perform security and performance upgrades, VHS is back!
VHS is now titled Video Horror Society and has migrated to Steam and the Epic Games Store, retiring the previous launcher.
If you previously had beta access you will be emailed a key to redeem and download on Steam. This may take a few days.
If you didn't get into the closed beta there is no longer any way to join — you'll have to wait until the game moves into Early Access.
This update comes with a huge list of gameplay changes. We'll summarize some of the most important changes and things you need to know. The full patch notes are available here.
- Added the Super Rift mechanic. After the Rift is captured by either side, if no monster hits or weapon strikes occur until the spawning of the next Rift, then a Super Rift will occur instead. If the teens capture the Super Rift, they will deal a random stigma Wound to the monster. If the monster captures the Super Rift, they will become Enraged and gain vision of teen auras for a longer duration than a normal Rift.
- Changed the audio spatialization algorithm to mix in direct path in addition to portalled path streams to improve positional tracking of sound sources.
- Teens are now be able to see the icon of which weapon other teens are crafting on their player card.
- Teens now see the aura of medkit stations within 6 meters while injured.
- Chompie Bars now provide the Fed status that gradually restores life over 8 seconds rather than instantly. This life recovery can be interrupted by monster attacks.
- The first dead Spectral to ping the Lockbox will now get a 500 Grit point bonus and the Lockbox aura will become visible to all teen players for the remainder of the match.
- Born Tough is now only active for the first 180 seconds of a match.
- Added a new icon that plays when a teen is being chased by a Doll vs being chased by the Doll Master.
Disconnect Penalties Now LiveJanuary 28, 2022
Version 0.62514 is now available.
The main takeaway from this update is that dodge and disconnect penalties are now in game. Leaving a full lobby, or leaving a game currently in progress, will prevent you from searching for a new game for a short time. This penalty increases if more disconnects occur.
If you are dead in a match, you can leave without penalty, regardless of whether the Book of the Dead has been used or not.
- Players will now receive matchmaking lockout penalties if they leave lobbies or abandon games. These will increase in severity for repeat offenses.
- When a user blocks a player the blocked player will now be represented by the date they were blocked, rather than their name. This prevents the block feature from being used to bypass a player's privacy settings.
- Fixed an issue where the cloth physics on the Fire Bomb weapon would sometimes behave erratically while holstered.
- Fixed some missing collision from the top shelves of furniture in the Hotel library.